Indico - user management at DESY
1. User account management
Top of the page
- Visitor vs. User
- Visitor :
Is a not registered person on Indico. Except the events which are declared as "protected", a visitor
can see everything on Indico. A visitor can register himself as participant for an event, unless
the administrator of this event allows participation just for registered Indico users.
A visitor can not create events on Indico.
- User :
Is a registered person on Indico, who is allowed to create events.
Users can register themself as participant for an event.
- Create a new user account on Indico :
- By the visitor :
After filling out and sending the registration form, the visitor receives an e-mail from the Indico system with a link
attached. A click on this link activates the account. At present this methode is open to everybody
who knows the URL : http://indico.desy.de/.
- By the Indico administrator :
The administrator of Indico can create and delete user accounts
- Access management for events
At the moment there are 2 methodes to restrict access to events(workshop, Mmeting or lecture).
- 1. Create an "Access-Key" - what is like a password - you send the access-key to all people which are allowed
to enter your event.
- Advantage : users and participants do not need an account on Indico to access your event.
- Disadvantage : you have to send the key to the participants and users, what might be unsecure.
- 2. Include users in the area "Access Control" of your event, to provide an access.
"Access Control" gives reading rights to users and participants. With "Modification Control" you can provide
reading - and writing rights to users.
- Advantage : you mustn´t send a key.
- Disadvantage : users need an account on Indico to be added for "Access-Control" or "Modification Control"
Top of the page
- Create an event (workshop, meeting, lecture)
- All internal groups of DESY are invited to create their events with Indico and become
automatically the administrator for this event.
- Visitors and summer students might get individual rights to create events after contacting UCO@desy.de
- External groups or people might get rights to create events after contacting UCO@desy.de
and the declaration of a DESY internal contact person.
- Categorie „Tests“
Is provided as „Demo“ and open to everybody interested in testing Indico.
For people not belonging to DESY people which have an professional interest and for people of the scientific community
the categorie can also be opened after contacting UCO@desy.de
- Participate in events
General open to everybody, restrictions depend on the event administrator.
- Send abstracts and materials :
Open to all lecturers
top of the page
- Category "Tests"
The category 'Tests' is a top level category and exists only there.
It is not allowed to create a second category for test events somewhere else on Indico.
Events inside 'Tests' which are older than 3 months will be deleted in regular periods.
- Caption of categories
The caption of a category or subcategory begins with a capital letter followed by lower case or special characters.
The exceptions are proper names like DESY.
- Structure of categories and subcategories
Inside a category the captions of subcategories have to be sorted in alphabetic order.
And it is not allowed to create more than 2 sub hierarchies beginning from the top level.
Example for the categorisation :
For questions please contact the UCO
- it will guide your request to the right administrator.